Saturday, July 28, 2012

To Tito

  It has just been a month since my cousin has left this world for a better place and I thought pain will not struck at the same time, yet it did! another person close to my heart wonders away into that eternal land. To Tito Rod, Even though you were never of blood relation to me you have always been the best Tito in my life, you were one of the persons I could chat with that was sensible enough not to contradict my logic, I am very  thankful for having you in my life,Thank you for all the knowledge that you have imparted on me, for being one of the few people who actually believe in my capabilities, for patiently teaching me how to play chess, I dreamed of winning against you but now It seems that it will never actually come true. I have always been thankful for your support and guidance during my childhood years, you managed to strengthen my resolve against bullies in my life, I remember this one time that I cried because of a comment from some of our neighbors, yet you've manage to scare them off by telling them not to do that, since I was actually studying Karate and that I am still young and eventually have the skill to beat them up when I grow up. That gave them the scare! I have always considered you our defender during my childhood when certain relatives from my Fathers side would take advantage of our families weaknesses and even though we grew up and had the strength to fend for ourselves, I still look up to you as the big strong man who was there, ready to help us in our time of need. I will miss you Tito, During these past few weeks I still accidentally look for you at the compound gate, you always did ask me about how my day was or where I went, whenever I come back home, then reality bites me that you were still at the hospital fighting for your life. I was not expecting that this would happen, since you did respond to me when I asked if you were feeling better on your second day at the hospital, so I thought that in a matter of weeks you'll be fine. you've always been strong and It pained me so much seeing you like that in the hospital. I'm sorry for not being of much help to you during your time of need, But as you've always said "Don't dwell on the past" right. Thank you Tito for all the lesson you've thought me, for all the encouragements that you have given me and for all the memories that you've added to my Life, You are one of the people who have influenced me to become what I am today. I'll miss you so much! you were like a second dad to me(well you are my "Ninong" afterall!).no words can describe how you've helped me survive, Thank you Tito Rod, I know that you are now in a better place.

                                                                                        Love from your Godson
                                                                                                 C.A.O.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment